Tuesday 15 November 2011

#Charity Tuesday

So today is Tuesday and as an avid Tweeter I shall follow their lead and make every Tuesday #CharityTuesday

I'm a staunch supporter of The Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) and every Tuesday I shall keep you abreast of my fundraising efforts for my event Alexander's Charity Ball.

Alexander's Charity Ball was created in memory of my Son Alexander whom we lost to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (Cot Death) on 9th February 2007.  This is the day a little piece of my heart went to heaven leaving me forever on this earth with a broken heart.


Our 2nd Annual Charity Ball is being held once again at the Fantabulous Tankerlsey Manor Hotel on Friday 10th February 2012 with 200 guests in attendance on the night being wined, dined and entertained.  All our tickets have sold which is amazing but as part of the event I hold a Raffle and Auction to boost the funds.  This years Giltz and Glam raffle will be drawn on the 7th February 2012 and I have 4000 tickets to sell.  The prizes are brilliant and I'd like to say a huge thanks to all that have donated so far, the details of which are over on the Alexander's Charity Ball Website Alexander's Charity Ball
Tickets can be purchased from me so please drop me an email and I'll gladly send you some or if you are a business that would like to donate a prize please get in touch Email

My aim in fundraising is to keep Alexander as a big part of our family, keeping him fresh in our minds but without all the sadness that surrounds his death.  We are sad don't get me wrong but there are 6 others in our family who we must carry on and live a 'normal' life for.  Fundraising allows us to live and laugh like other families but as we talk often about Alexander he will never truly be gone.

For more information about me, my family and our story please visit Alexanders Charity Ball


2 comments:

  1. really sorry for your loss, and hope the evening goes well for you, such a lovely way celebrate his life.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, what a gorgeous little chap. I hope the evening goes well xx

    ReplyDelete