Monday 21 November 2011

We're Jammin

Haha sorry it had to be done and obviously you are all singing the song now !!!


So my idea for a homemade hamper for the olds in our life involved Jam.  This frightened me a little I was having visions of thermometers, strainers, muslins and lots of pulpy, fruity mess but then I saw this beauty in one of my favourite haunts ...Lakeland. I know how Rock and Roll?


Ok so it's still homemade even though we didn't pick the fruit ourselves...Right?


So I needed Jam Jars, Wax Circles, Sugar and Water and that is it! 




Following the instructions on the tin I literally put it all in the pan and let it boil for about 15 minutes then I did the set test:  Put a Teaspoon of the Jam onto a COLD saucer and popped it into the fridge.  It's reached it's setting point if when you run your finger through it it wrinkles.


Wooo Hooo we're Jammin (sorry) all's left to do is get the Jam into the sterilised (hot) jars and top with a waxed circle and lid ...Simples!!!






The mix only made 4 full jars when it does state 5 but all in all this was really easy to do and a great time saver if like me Jam scares you a bit and you have a busy homelife.




My jars are from Jam Jar shop and cost £10.65 for 24 jars plus delivery.  See their Blog JamJarShop Blog. I have however made a vow that I will save all our jars this year ready for next year.


At the minute I am looking for ribbon to adorn my jars with but I have today found a lovely Blog Post from 2009 that has a list of great printables perfect for any project Living Life as Art so I shall get printing and show you the finished result shortly.




If you have any recipes to share that are great for Homemade gifts I'd love to hear them  

No comments:

Post a Comment